Boasting unmatched performance, the Stealth Pro easily took the market by storm. Before you knew it, every developer, gamer, programmer, and music producer wanted to know what this improvement meant – the original Stealth was already perfect, but there were some things that could be improved. Now, is this “Pro” edition superior enough to be worth considering?
MSI GS63VR Review – A versatile beast which never ceases to surprise
And yes, MSI’s GS63VR Stealth Pro is indeed a beasty gaming laptop, or at least that’s the sphere it got so famous. Gamers, however, are known to be very demanding when it comes to specs and performance, so we can safely hazard a guess why they love this laptop – it’s incredibly powerful, versatile, and could be used in all kinds and forms.
- 6-inch HD display
- 1920×1080 pixel resolution
- Windows 10 operating system
- Intel Core I7-7700HQ Processor (2.8-3.8 Ghz)
- NVIDIA’s GTX 1060 graphics card
- 16 gigabytes of DDR4 RAM @2400MHz
- 256 gigabytes of solid-state drive plus two terabytes of SATA @5400rpm
- 60Hz refresh rate, 4K monitor
- VR-ready, slim design, full-color backlight keyboard
- The slim design makes it very compact, and here’s guarantee you’ll find MSI’s GS63VR Stealth Pro as the best travel companion
- Being lightweight, despite the heavy specs is one of Stealth Pro’s biggest benefits
- Absolutely amazing configuration. The hardware this beauty comes with is top-shelf without exception, and whatever you want done, MSI’s GS63VR Stealth Pro will deliver
- A massive storage ensures that you can hoard plenty of games without fearing that you’ll run short. This feature is especially beneficial for music producers who require plenty of space for samples, mixes, and demanding software
- The refresh rate is awesome, and you’ll find that MSI’s Stealth Pro runs very smooth. Not only does it boast a nearly soundless method of operation, but its rendering and imaging quality are unmatched and unparalleled
- Major improvement of the older design in terms of performance and taking out the overheating hazard
- MSI’s GS63VR Stealth Pro is a bit expensive for a gaming rig, but if you’re a programmer or a music producer in need of a power lap, this one’s the one you are looking for
- Even though the majority of the construction is quite ok in terms of durability, it feels cheap and flimsy when compared to other high end models
- No redesign means a minus by default. Even though we loved the original MSI’s GS63VR Stealth, it would have been really great if the newer one was at least a bit different from its predecessor
Why is MSI GS63VR worth your time and cash?
In general, this is a gaming rig – the MSI’s GS63VR Stealth Pro is a true powerhouse with extreme specs suitable for all kinds of things, from hard core gaming to heavy-duty image processing and music production.
What’s more, it sports a slim, yet decently light design which allows you to take it anywhere – most people would assume that whatever machine featured these specs should weigh a ton, and that would be a serious understatement. Packing it up and taking to your studio wouldn’t be as hard as disassembling your trusty old desktop PC and doing the hard work every time you need to use it.
Furthermore, the big guys at MSI did such a fine job with the boost in the refresh rate and some internal cooling systems – MSI’s GS63VR Stealth (the original one) usually gets red from heat pretty fast, but the little felt-piece makes sure you won’t get burnt. Anyhow, that didn’t solve the problem, rather it just minimized the consequences.
What’s really important that MSI’s GS63VR Stealth Pro took out this problem and earned a major boost to its overall performance, swatting two humongous flies in one hit.
So, the question virtually answered itself by now – MSI’s GS63VR Stealth Pro is indeed worth your time and cash.
“It is one of the lightest and thinnest gaming laptops on the market”
“I just received this laptop today, purchased for myself as a work laptop. I wanted something slim and powerful for the budget I was given and that would ultimately be fairly lightweight compared to most ‘chunky’ gaming laptops”
“This laptop works amazingly well and stays fairly cool while gaming. I would recommend taking the machine off of sport mode when gaming as this caused thermal throttling while gaming”
Most people won’t be able to tell the difference between MSI GS63VR Stealth and Stealth Pro. Basically, these are so small, yet extremely important details that will mean a lot by a long shot.
Namely, the Stealth GS53VR heats up really fast, but it features a felt-section which prevents the exposed metal parts from burning your fingers. Stealth Pro, on the other hand, is even better as it features a superb refresh rate, reducing the heat buildup while providing the smoothest graphics and performance. Take this into account if you ever have any doubts regarding which version you should choose.
It’s tough to neglect the plethora of benefits MSI’s GS63VR Stealth Pro offers and it’s super easy to love it. This remarkable laptop is worth every buck, as it excels in numerous fields of performance. What’s more, virtually all kinds of lap-users love it, and assuming that you won’t be an exception would be a safe bet.